December 10, 2004

The Quieter Speedway meeting promised
aargh, the locals are winning!

Members have refused to be photographed by the Herald, claiming they and their families have received hate mail and threatening phone calls.

You can't condone bullying - from either side - and I'm finding this whole thing outrageous. Western Springs Speedway noise shouldn't be uncontained but neither should it be controlled to the extent that the guts of the event is ripped out. I have no desire to go - ever - but if I did I wouldn't want to see cars purring like domesticated cats, I'd want to hear their engines roar. Having the Speedway in my backyard makes life feel less suburban, I have one more option...

So, tomorrow night, as I stand outside and hear the Speedway in action they'll have my blessing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

And now they've set up their own website: ssra.org.nz to rebut comments and garner support. Atleast they print the oppposition. That's something. And they knew to submit to DMOZ :)

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home